I love these tags, it’s always lovely to hear someone thought of you when they were choosing people to tag, and I appreciate it so much.
- Write a blog post to show your award
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Select 15 other bloggers to nominate
- Comment on each blog to let them know you have nominated them. Provide the link to the post you created.
How my blog started
My blog started in 2014, Not with a Fizzle, but with a Bang. I wasn’t sure what I was going to write about, all I knew was that I wanted to voice my thoughts. I started off writing some reviews of TV shows and films, with the plan to review books. This was before I had discovered the book community on Twitter so I didn’t realise how amazing it was to write about books 24/7.
I wrote about writing a lot and NaNoWriMo before taking a bit of a break. I didn’t really treat my blog seriously at all until 2016, when I went to YALC for the first time and really started blogging harder. I got my first review copies in 2016, then took a break at the end of the year to finish my Master’s dissertation which was on Digital Marketing in Book Publishing. Now I blog pretty seriously and will continue to do so. Thank you for all those who are following me, I literally can’t thank you enough.
Advice for New Bloggers
- Make sure you know why you want to blog. Don’t get into blogging for free stuff or something like that. Blogging is hard work, it takes time and dedication and even with those things it’s still hard to get right. Once you’ve decided, be consistent and post semi regularly, but don’t put too much pressure on yourself! If it stops being fun then you should stop doing it, otherwise what’s the point?
- Just do you. Don’t judge yourself on what other people do. I mean, take advice from people but don’t measure yourself against them or you’ll just be disappointed.
I’m also going to tag a load of people to do it on Twitter!