Hi everyone! A few weeks ago I announced something that I’ve been working on with some lovely people, Crone Bloggers, and invited you all to join us!
We then announced the Crone Book Club and the first book for the club, The Fandom by Anna Day. Now, the start of the first book club is drawing near, so here is what you need to know.
What is #CroneBookClub
- Every 6 weeks we will announce the book that we’re going to be reading for a month together
- We’ll announce the next month’s book 2 weeks before the start of the reading month
- We’ll be chatting about the book as we read in the discord chat
- At the end of the 4 weeks we will be holding a Twitter chat WITH THE AUTHOR where you can ask them questions and chat about the book.
- The chat will be 9pm GMT on a Sunday.
- The books range from Debut to established authors and we have a lot of new releases planned!
- The books will be Young Adult
Other things to note about the book club:
- You don’t have to participate in the month read a long to take part in the chat – and visa versa!
- If you’re a #CroneBlogger you don’t HAVE to take part in the book club
What Book did we choose for the first Crone Book Club?
We were delighted to pick The Fandom by Anna Day as our first book! We’ve heard great things and can’t wait to spend the month reading it. If you’ve already read it that’s fine – you can still join in the chats!The Fandom by Anna Day
Published by Chicken House on January 4th 2018
Cosplay ready, Violet and her friends are at Comic-Con.
They can’t wait to meet the fandom of mega movie, The Gallows Dance. What they’re not expecting is to be catapulted by freak accident into their favourite world – for real. Fuelled by love, guilt and fear, can the friends put the plot back on track and get out? The fate of the story is in their hands ...
A fast-paced, genre-flipping YA fantasy adventure from a brand new author, writing in homage to the best YA fiction.
We’ve already got the next book lined up too and I can’t WAIT to share it with you, any guesses?
How to Take Part in Crone Book Club #1
- We officially start reading on February 18th! You can start before or after, it’s totally up to you
- We have the first official #CroneBookClub Twitter chat on 18th March with Anna Day herself, where we can chat to her about her book and ask any burning questions!
- Between Feb 18th and March 18th: We’ll be discussing the book in the discord chat, where I’ll also be posting prompts for discussions! This may take a formal approach but as it’s the first month we’re playing it a bit by ear.
You can get a copy of the Fandom by Anna Day on the Book Depository, which ships internationally for free.
If you’re taking part:
This is a new book club, it’s the first month it’s running! So it would be super helpful if you could please share on Twitter and your blog that you’re joining us!
You can share the link to this post or sharing what book and when the book club is would be super helpful!
^ This image is optimised for Twitter, so please use this image if you’re tweeting about the book club with the hashtags #CroneBloggers and #CroneBookClub!
^ Add this to your sidebar on your blog, linking back to this post if you can!
If any of the images don’t work let me know and I can help you!
Let me know if you’re joining us <3