Hey everyone! Hope you’re all doing well and this commercial holiday isn’t too much for you. Remember, Valentine’s Day is just a gimmick and you are not defined by whether you celebrate it/want to celebrate it/have someone to celebrate it with, we’re not all the same and that’s okay <3
As a rule I’m not too fussed about Valentine’s Day – I have to promote things at work as I work in Marketing, so I’m a bit fed up of it by this point! That being said, Taiwo has created this tag and I thought it’d be nice to take part in it as I’ve been tagged <3
2. Link back to the person who tagged you and thank them!
3. Answer the questions (of course!)
4. You can use Taiwo’s graphic if you want but please mention them as the person who made it.
5. Tag 5-10 other bloggers (or more if you want!😁)
1. What book(s) have you been given as a gift that you loved?
Okay so I never actually get given books as gifts – it’s a huge issue. However I got given Wintersong by S. Jae. Jones by my TBTBSanta this Christmas! I haven’t read it, but I still loved getting it!
2. What book(s) would you like to give as a gift to someone else?
Uhm ALL THE BOOKS.
Okay it would probably have to be An Ember in the Ashes. The first book that got me back into being obsessed with books again!
3. If you could gift a random person any bookish item, what would it be?
A kindle! Oh my gosh since I got mine at Christmas I’ve read SO MUCH MORE. It makes me a teeny bit sad as I prefer to read ebooks now than paperbacks.. but I still love to collect books!
4. If you could gift a random person any non-bookish item, what would it be?
Ohhh tough one… non bookish? I mean… I’d gift them stationery and a Bullet Journal! I know it’s technically a book of sorts, but it’s not really… is it?
5. What do you say when a person gives you a gift you don’t like?
Smile and thank them! For the most part. What else can you realistically do?
6. Mention a book based around Valentine’s Day.
…. Okay Sorry I actually don’t read many romance books so I don’t have one for this. Instead I’m going to push Brightly Burning by Alex Donne! It’s Jane Eyre… IN SPACE. It has some romance in, so that counts right?
Here’s my review!
7. Mention any two tips for blogging as a gift to other bloggers and to those who may want to start a blog.
- Don’t compare yourself to other bloggers! JUST DO YOU. Honestly it’s the best thing you can do. If you spend too much time analysing what you’re doing compared to others you just suck the fun out.
- Look into SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) and blogging tips. A bit of research can go a long way.
8. Link to some posts by other bloggers that you loved or were very helpful.
- Okay so Lia’s Guide to ARCs is super awesome! Go check it out, it also relates to the tips for bloggers!
- I really enjoyed Amy’s discussion post on whether James Potter is a Bully. It’s something that sometimes crosses my mind, even though I don’t really like the idea!
Okay so I tag:
Becca at Pretty Little Memoirs
Lauren Northern Plunder
Amy at Tomes with Tea
Jenn at Bound to Writing
AND YOU READING THIS. YOU CAN DO THIS TOO! <3