Wow what a year 2017 has been! I finished my Master’s degree in the first half of the year, which then opened me up to jump back in to reading and reviewing again. I’ve never done a post like this, but I really wanted to detail what I feel are my achievements of the year and write out my goals for next year. I hope you enjoy them, but to be honest this post is also for me to keep a track of what I’ve gotten up to.
This is my last post for Blogmas! I know I said I was going to do 25 but then I realised – I don’t want to be posting on Christmas Day. Christmas is the time for people to get off the internet and connect with friends and family. So I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
- I read 39 books! I am so proud of this as I didn’t read any books until at least June due to working on my Master’s dissertation. It was hard to find time to read when I had to read so many books for uni, I finally got back into it at the end of the year though.
- Formed CroneBloggers! I’m honestly so happy to have met these lovely ladies. They’ve been my rock for the last 4 months and I can’t wait for us to grow in the next year!
- Redesigned my blog and moved to self hosted WordPress. This is was my first step to taking my blog seriously, and I’m constantly updating and working on my blog so I hope you enjoy!
- Went from 45 to 450 followers on my blog – guys seriously thank you so much for joining me! It honestly means the world to me that you like to read what I write. I never believed people would actually enjoy my drivel and I’m still a bit in awe if I’m honest.
- Blogged every day of November with my Word of the Day Challenge – This was such a challenge for me as I’ve never blogged regularly, so I’m so proud of myself for achieving this. I did learn that I need to plan this better next year, as each night I had to sit down to write something, even if I was exhausted, and it was a real challenge.
- Participated in Blogmas! Again, I learnt I need to plan for these things. It was a lot of effort and time and I hadn’t planned far enough ahead.
- Nearly hit 2.5k followers on Twitter! I am gobsmacked. I remember when 500 people followed me and I was shocked, and now I’m just speechless. So many wonderful people I get to interact with daily, it’s truly magical. Here’s to another year of friendships!
- Got 1k followers on Instagram. I’m so excited about this, particularly because I kind of stopped using Instagram because of the algorithm. So when I started using it again I did not expect a good response!
- Started my Pinterest. This is definitely a work in progress – I don’t know enough about Pinterest at all!
- Had the most amazing time at YALC again! I met lots of authors and wonderful friends. I honestly don’t feel at home anywhere as much as I do at YALC.
- I got invited to 3 book launches! I unfortunately could only go to one as they were in London and at times which meant I couldn’t make them all! I went to Jackie Silvester’s launch for the Wunderkids and had the most fun. Got to meet Olivia and see Xina again which was awesome.
- I didn’t really achieve any writing goals this year – other than my NaNoWriMo blog posts. Next year!
- I did go on my second writing retreat though which was the most fun.
- Travelled to Thailand on my own! This was such a wonderful experience. I got to go to an Elephant sanctuary where I washed elephants in the river and fed them. I learnt a lot about elephant cruelty and it’s really changed the way I view a lot of things.
- Went to Milan with my besties.
- Went to New York for Christmas and New Year
- Finished my Master’s Degree in Digital Marketing with Merit. SO happy about this. My dissertation topic was on Digital Marketing in Publishing so I really enjoyed that too! I got to interview some amazing authors for this too.
- Got to see Harry Potter and the Cursed Child!
- I’m going to aim to read at least 4 books a month next year, hopefully more. Wish me luck!
- I’m only going to read books I enjoy, life is too short to be wasting our time.
- Take CroneBloggers to the next level! We’re going to be opening up to new people and hopefully do some fun things.
- I managed to reach 450 followers on my blog this year, which I’m just so so proud of, so next year I’m going to aim to hit 1000 and continue to get great engagement form you lovely readers by posting more interesting content regularly.
- I want to start a few features in the new year!
- I want to start booktube again next year! I’m very nervous about this one, I hope you’re going to enjoy! If I could get 100 followers I’d be so greatful
- I’m going to be taking my bookstagram more seriously also, so if I can consistently post I’ll be so happy, and perhaps reach 1500 followers on there?
- If I could reach 4000 followers on Twitter that would be amazing. I just chose a random number, because, why not?!
- Just actually write my novel a bit to be honest! A first draft would be amazing.
- Continue to travel
- Get even more organised in terms of planning my blog
Thanks for reading, and thanks for joining me in 2017! Here’s to an even better 2018!