Bookish Naughty or Nice Tag – Blogmas 2018
Last year, I started my very own tag for the first time and it was super fun, the Bookish Naughty or Nice tag! I was definitely on the naughty list last year, scoring 11/15. Let’s see how I fare this year? I’ve added a few new items too.
At the bottom of this post is a clean list to copy and paste, as well as a graphic you can add to your post or share on social media.
- Tag & link the person who tagged you
- Tag and link me/this post (if you would be so kind, I love reading your answers!)
- Tick/cross off the ones you’ve done
- Tag another 10 people!
If you’ve not been tagged, go ahead and do it anyway!
Bookish Naughty or Nice Tag
1. Received an ARC and not reviewed it ✔
I’m still guilty of this… honestly there are just too many books in the world to read them all!
2. Have less than 60% feedback rating on Netgalley
62% this year! BOOM! I’ve actually read more of them than that but I just haven’t reviewed them yet…
3. Rated a book on Goodreads and promised a full review was to come on your blog (and never did) ✔
I’m so useless at cross posting my reviews!
4. Folded down the page of a book
I didn’t do this this year! I think having my own shop where I make and sell bookmarks helps…
5. Accidentially spilled on a book
Phew I haven’y done this one… it’s only a matter of time!
6. DNF a book this year ✔
I will always be guilty of this… and to be honest I don’t REALLY count it as naughty. There are far too many books to be read to worry about finishing books you don’t enjoy.
7. Bought a book purely because it was pretty with no intention of reading it ✔
Yep. I’m a sucker for judging a book by it’s cover!
8. Read whilst you were meant to be doing something else (like homework) ✔
THIS. I love ebooks for this reason. I have them on my phone so I can just read whilst pretending to be on my phone. because that’s somehow more socially acceptable?
9. Skim read a book ✔
Again, sorry not sorry. I skim read FAR too often. Unless I’m listening to an audiobook, because someone is literally reading all the words to me.
10. Completely missed your Goodreads goal
NOT THIS YEAR, SATAN. I somehow ALREADY completed my goal?!
11. Borrowed a book and not returned it to the library ✔
Yes. This is me. I shouldn’t use a library because I’m useless at returning them. Though since I’ve used the BorrowBox app I always return those!
12. Broke a book buying ban
Still not imposed a ban on myself, or I know I’d break it immediately!
13. Started a review, left it for ages then forgot what the book was about ✔
hahahahahahahah this is me all over. This will be on my tombstone
14. Wrote in a book you were reading
NOPE. How can you do this? I haven’t done this since reading in school.
15. Finished a book and not added it to your Goodreads
Nope! I’ve gotten really good at keeping up with my books on Goodreads this year! Though one I’m currently reading isn’t on Goodreads and it’s making me a bit twitchy…
16. Borrowed a book and not returned it to a friend
I haven’t borrowed any books this year… I tend not to because I get so worried about damaging it!
17. Dodged someone asking if they can borrow a book ✔
Haha yes! I’ve even gone so far as to buy someone a book rather than lend it to them…
18. Broke the spine of someone else’s book
I’ve not done this this year, but I’d feel SO GUILTY if I did!
19. Took the jacket off a book to protect it and ended up making it more damaged ✔
Yep. I don’t know why this keeps happening to me. I take them off and then they get all bent and weird?!
20. Sat on a book accidentially
Not this year… but I have in the past and I’ve seen the devastation this can cause…
Final Score: 10/20
Looks like I’m on the Naughty List! Are you on the naughty list this year? Well the good news is you’re not alone! Shall we try and do better next year?
Also remember – this is all for fun. You’re not a bad person if you’re on the Naughty list.
Share online and in your post
Here’s the list for you to copy and do yourself!
- Received an ARC and not reviewed it
- Have less than 60% feedback rating on Netgalley
- Rated a book on goodreads and promised a full review was to come on your blog (and never did)
- Folded down the page of a book
- Accidentially spilled on a book
- DNF a book this year
- Bought a book purely because it was pretty with no intention of reading it
- Read whilst you were meant to be doing something else (like homework)
- Skim read a book
- Completely missed your Goodreads goal
- Borrowed a book and not returned it
- Broke a book buying ban
- Started a review, left it for ages then forgot what the book was about
- Wrote in a book you were reading
- Finished a book and not added it to your Goodreads
- Borrowed a book and not returned it to a friend
- Dodged someone asking if they can borrow a book
- Broke the spine of someone else’s book
- Took the jacket off a book to protect it and ended up making it more damaged
- Sat on a book accidentially
Please do the tag even if I haven’t tagged you!