I’m so excited that the lovely Laura Jayne of Inklings of an Introvert has nominated me for a Liebster Award! (Katie Judges Books also nominated me but I’ll answer Laura’s questions). Now if, like me, you had no idea what this was, it’s where bloggers nominate each other to raise awareness of new blogs in the blogiverse. Thank you so much! I’ve recently gotten back into blogging after doing my Masters in Digital Marketing so I am so happy to be nominated and share a bit of myself with you guys, as I just jumped back in with reviews.
1. What is the one book you own that means the most to you? And why?
Oh my gosh. Just one? I don’t think I can do just one so I’m going to do a little list with reasons.
- The Creeper Man by Dawn Kurtagich – She’s an amazing author and one of my best friends, and she mentioned me in the acknowledgements which is AH-MAZING.
- Signed copies of Robin Hobb novels (and all of her novels I own) – I LOVE Robin, and her novels really ignited my love of fantasy and my drive to write my own so for that I am eternally grateful.
- Signed ARC of An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir – A couple of amazing tweeps got together to get this for me, and not only is the book special but their effort really touched my heart (@bibliophilesbkm and @reddjena are amazing!)
2. Describe your bedroom or perfect reading nook…
Okay so my bedroom has my bed (obviously), walk in wardrobe which is just a scattered mess (like my mind), a desk where all my crafts and jewellery making bits live, and two gloriously white, giant bookshelves, which are overflowing completely.
3. What are your thoughts on book to movie adaptions?
Ah so if you had asked me this 6 years ago, I had SO many negative feelings towards adaptations. They miss out so much, change the wrong bits, the characters are all wrong… BUT. But. As part of my undergrad degree I took a module on adaptation, and it is DAMNED HARD to adapt a book. I know, I tried. I tried to adapt Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder, and I just couldn’t cut any out and in the end opted to adapt a song instead. So I have more respect for adaptations now.
4. Do you prefer Spring or Autumn?
Ahhh tough. Autumn, because I love wrapping up warm, and scarves, I LOVE scarves. I also don’t really like summer too much – not a huge fan of the heat – so when it’s cooling down I find it such a relief. And the colours are so beautiful.
However I do like flowers in Spring, so though Autumn wins, Spring has its advantages.
5. What is your favourite TV show? And why?
Scrubs – I’ve watched it SO MANY TIMES. So many life lessons learned, and so many amazing quotes.
Followed by Grey’s Anatomy… I guess I like medical shows?
OH AND GILMORE GIRLS AHHHHH THAT IS AMAZING. Okay so it seems I can’t just pick one… sorry.
6. What is your most anticipated read for the rest of 2017?
ONE DARK THRONE. Oh my gosh I’m so excited. I LOVED Three Dark Crowns and just cannot WAIT.
7. How do you spend your summers? A day in the life of you?
Ah, I’m 26 and work full time for an adventure company called Zip World. I am the Digital Marketing Coordinator, so I spend all my time on the computer, on social and the website, or out and about getting content to share online.
In the evenings I relax with my SO and watch TV or read/write and soon make jewellery.
8. What is the most outrageous and rebellious thing you have ever done
Ah. Well. Uhmm… *cough* I don’t think I should have SO many answers for this question.
I got so stumped by this question I left writing this for weeks and STILL can’t think of something… okay I have one.
When I was at a music festival a few years ago with my best friend, we had a security guard friend who was letting us over a barrier to go back stage (on a small stage). As my friend had one leg over, this guy out of his mind on drink or drugs grabbed her leg and would not let go. He was trying to feel up her skirt and ignored us trying to get him off. I tried pushing him, even kicking him (I’m not a violent person, but I was terrified of what he’d do to my friend) and I just happened to have a fresh black coffee. So I went to squirt a bit at him out of the top, the lid came off and I threw boiling hot coffee all over him. He let go. I felt a little bit bad – the thought of hurting someone makes me sick – but honestly I had no idea what else to do. The security guard had wandered off and no one walking by would help.
So yeah. That’s my story.
9. If you could meet one author or famous person in the world, who would it be? And why?
JK Rowling. I mean – need I explain?
10. Which character’s wardrobe/clothing style would you like to steal?
Oh… uhhh. I really couldn’t say. It’s not something that stays in my mind.
11. One piece of advice you would give to another fellow blogger?
Just do you. Don’t worry about what everyone else is doing, originality is best.
Here’s who I nominate, my #CroneBloggers:
And your questions are:
- What is your go-to self care? Something you do, wear, etc.
- What was the first book that made a difference to you and why?
- What is your favourite time of year?
- Where is your favourite place to read?
- Which book would you buy as a gift for someone right now?
- What do you find the hardest thing about blogging?
- What is the most fun aspect you find about blogging?
- If you could offer year-ago you any advice, what would it be?
- Why did you start blogging?
- What is your dream holiday?
- What would be your ideal bookish gift?
Now its your turn guys!